25 Oktober 2017 - Fairtransport
This is an offer for an unique position in an unique company. Nothing to just continue a job but to start new, nothing to play with but to build up, nothing to become rich with but to dash into, to open up minds, to enjoy, to grow slow but strong, a possibility to enforce global clean shipping and to modify consumers attitudes in a sustainable way.
The goal is to build up a Dutch based, smooth running European import and distribution network for goods brought emission free by sailing ships from around the world to ports like Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Rostock, Antwerp….
Products vary from Olive oil, wine, rum, cacao, coffee, tuna, tea, chocolate…only products which do not compete with the local farmers produce. Luxury goods, but then organic, fair traded and fair transported, without harm to nature and people.
• import/export logistics
• contact with producers, importers, resellers, journalists, consumers
• sourcing of new products
• branding of products with all steps of it included
• marketing, PR, press releases
• zero-waste shopkeeping in Amsterdam • attending of markets and fairs internationally
• customs declarations
• sampling, billing, packing, sending and finding always the most sustainable form of all this
A crazy but fulfilling job, I can tell you that! The founders are still helping with their knowledge, contacts and experience.
You should bring:
• ability to make contact, maybe already have some in the food/beverage market
• inventiveness, flexibility, ability to make own structures
• responsibility for your work but also for yourself!
• hour based on minimum legal wage plus profit sharing
• office in Den Helder for the first months to enter the family and learn about the business
• then office in Amsterdam (June 2018) and partly at home
• to be discussed to not become endless
Please send your inquiry to email@example.com, to attention of Hans van der Pluijm
Yes, there is a lot to tell about our adventures in the Baltic Sea, Kattegat, Skagerrak and the Sound … but let’s start with an impression of the alternative route from Holland to Ireland, over the top of Scotland.Cargo ships have schedules, which always have two sides. Or you are lucky and sail ahead of […]
After a harsh start through, more than over, the big swells, coming into the bay of Les Sables, we left the friendly town and tug behind us and got underway up the Biskay. High, higha, Biskaya…true it was and many a stomach did not appreciate the food coming from our friends from the fertile land. […]
Was erwartet mich auf einer Atlantiküberquerung? Auf einem fast hundert Jahre alten Schiff ohne Motor? Das habe ich mich bei Reiseantritt in der Karibik gefragt, das frage ich mich auch heute noch, eineinhalb Monate später. Es erwarten mich viele Herausforderungen und eintönige Stunden. Immer gleiche Tage mit den immergleichen Abläufen und Routinen, die doch jeder […]